Thursday, June 15, 2023

"Don Agustín Bardi" by Osvaldo Pugliese y su Orquesta Típica, 1961.


"Don Agustín Bardi" by Osvaldo Pugliese y su Orquesta Típica, 1961.

Horacio Salgán

Pianist, leader and composer (June 15, 1916 - August 19, 2016)

He put together his first orchestra in 1944.

About it, he confessed: "The idea of forming it was, in a way, linked to music composing. I began to compose because I wanted to play tango in a pre-established way. I didn't want to be a composer but to play tangos the way I liked. The same happened with the orchestra. As I liked to play tangos in my style, the only possible way was to have my group. Then I put it together. Some people enjoy being bandleaders, but I was interested in my pianistic vocation. I had no intention of creating anything".

Read more about Horacio Salgán at www.todotango.com

Ver este artículo en español

We have lots more music and history

How to dance to this music?


https://escuelatangoba.com/marcelosolis/don-agustin-bardi-by-osvaldo-pugliese-y-su-orquesta-tipica-1961-argentine-tango-music/

No comments: