Thursday, April 27, 2023

"Rebeldía" by Miguel Caló y su Orquesta Típica with Raúl Iriarte in vocals, 1947 (with English translation).



"Rebeldía" by Miguel Caló y su Orquesta Típica with Raúl Iriarte in vocals, 1947 (with English translation).

Music & lyrics: Roberto Nievas Blanco / Oscar Rubens.

English translation:

With red hands squeezing my heart,
stifling a muffled cry of rancor.
Rebel like water in front of the fire,
like the sea against the rocks, today I rebel.
With your tyrant love who knows no reason,
rebellious with my own heart.
I ask you to go, to leave me,
that you walk away at once; it will be better!

I know I'll cry later
I will never forget you.
I know that every night without your laughter, without your voice,
How much I will miss your love!
But it's better to lose you,
than continue being a puppet
just to see you.

No, please leave me!
Today my love rebelled.

Without asking you for anything, I gave you my heart
in exchange for crumbs of your love.
I spent my heart and fortune
delivered to the madness of loving you so much.
But it was useless; I received contempt, falsehood, and humiliation in exchange for so much love.
So that's why I'm asking you to go,
that you walk away at once, it will be better!

More Argentine Tango lyrics

Ver letra original en español

We have lots more music and history

How to dance to this music?




https://escuelatangoba.com/marcelosolis/rebeldia-by-miguel-calo-y-su-orquesta-tipica-with-raul-iriarte-in-vocals-1947-with-english-translation-argentine-tango-music/

No comments: